Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Artificial Love

In LBW Beta, I have an ongoing series about my various adventures in searching for Mr. Right. And if I am not mistaken, this is where I left off.

So Miro moved on with Annie. I already told him my side and how I wanted him back but he's not leaving Annie for me. I guess the only thing to do was to move on too.

But it was easier said than done.

In my attempt to move on as soon as possible, I focused my attention to one of my new friends whom I met in my provincial organization. Eddie was sweet and thoughtful. To stop thinking about Miro and Annie, I spent more time with Eddie.

At that time, my housemates and friends do not really like Eddie. At all.

They see Eddie as someone who is using my weakness then for his personal gain. I told them that Eddie isn't like that. He genuinely cares for me. They said that I only saw what I wanted to see. They saw otherwise. And in a few weeks, sad, but I realized that my friends were right.

It was the transition between first and second semesters. Enlistment time. Being the social butterfly that I am, I know people who can make my enlistment easier. And Eddie, knowing that I can get him into any CSSP or CAL class, tagged along.

That was the time when I first saw what my friends saw.

Everytime Eddie and I would bump into his group of friends, it was either he wouldn't introduce who I am or he would introduce me as the generic "orgmate". I wasn't even elevated to the level of "friend".

So with my help, he got into the classes he needed. A day later, I found out that he "un-listed" from the classes that I got for him. His plan was not to go to the classes at all, his plan was to use the classes I got for him to trade classes with his other friends. (Yep, possible in UP at that time. I think it's not possible to do anymore.)

That was when I felt used and abused. Eddie was only faking being nice to me because he knew about my connections in various departments. I was distraught. And the pain and embarrassment from the Miro and Annie incident was still fresh. I distanced myself from Eddie.

I avoided Eddie. Which led me to the path that would shape me into the person I am today and into the life of a person who influenced me more than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Once

I won't sugar coat it kids, let's admit it. Masakit bumagsak . And for those you haven't experienced failure, let me try to show...